Chocolate Coffee Caramel Corn
Get ready for some sticky fingers with this crowd pleaser. Coffee-spiked chocolate and caramel drizzled over lightly salted popcorn and toasted almonds results in an irresistible snack!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 8 cups lightly salted popcorn
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 (11-oz.) package caramels (36 caramels)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons very finely ground coffee, divided
- 1 bag milk, dark or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
1. Spread popcorn on a large parchment-lined baking sheet and top with almonds.
2. Melt caramels and water together in a large saucepan set over low heat, stirring frequently. Stir in 1 tablespoon ground coffee.
3. Melt chocolate with shortening in the microwave until chips are almost melted, stirring every 15 seconds. Stir until chips are fully melted, then stir in remaining ground coffee.
4. Drizzle large spoonfuls of hot caramel and chocolate over the surface of popcorn. Refrigerate briefly to firm coating, then flip large sections of the mixture over.
5. Drizzle with remaining caramel and chocolate to coat both sides, reheating if necessary to thin.
6. Place in refrigerator to firm coating, then store in an airtight container. This is best served within 2 days.
Great With This Recipe