Apple Cinnamon Latte Recipe: A Delicious Drink to Share with Friends
If you love hot toddies, you will love this apple cinnamon latte. It is a delicious combination of spice-infused apple juice, milk, and, of course, coffee! It blends together some of the season's best flavors and includes an extra special garnish. The touch of caramel and apple pie seasoning around the rim of the glass sends this drink over the top. Let’s dive in!
APPLE CINNAMON LATTE RECIPE
Ready to make this delicious drink? Read on to learn the ingredients, equipment, and steps you need to bring this satisfying beverage to life. Note:
Note: This recipe makes one latte plus a generous batch of the apple cider base.
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1/4 orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 3 teaspoons apple pie seasoning
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 ounces medium dark coffee
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cinnamon powder
- Cinnamon stick (optional)
- Caramel sauce
- Two small dishes or saucers
- Coffee pod brewing machine
- Measuring cups
- Milk frother
1. To make the apple base, combine and whisk the apple juice, orange juice, whole cloves, sugar, and 1 teaspoon of apple pie seasoning in a small saucepan.
2. Simmer the apple base on medium heat for approximately 20 minutes.
3. Remove the apple base from the heat and take out the whole cloves. Set aside the apple base.
4. In a small dish or saucer, make the brown sugar spice mixture for the glass rim. Mix together 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 2 teaspoons of apple pie seasoning.
5. Pour approximately 2 tablespoons of store-bought or homemade caramel into a small dish or saucer.
6. First, dip the glass upside down in caramel, then dip the glass in the brown sugar and spice mixture. Set aside.
7. Brew 8 ounces of a medium dark roast coffee. We recommend using our French Roast OneCUP™ coffee pods.
8. Add 1/2 cup of apple base to the coffee.
9. Froth 1/4 cup milk. Add milk to the drink.
10. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top. For an extra bit of flare, garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Now, the delicious drink is ready to enjoy!
Remember, there will be a large amount of the apple base left over. The extra base can be used to make lattes a couple of days in a row or used to spice up other holiday drinks for all ages. You can also consider adding the apple base to an herbal tea like rooibos or using it to spice up a cozy batch of mulled wine. The possibilities are endless!
WHAT MAKES AN APPLE CINNAMON LATTE THE PERFECT DRINK FOR THE FALL SEASON?
The fall season is the most delicious time of the year. While school and work may feel busy, there are plenty of cozy opportunities to slow down and enjoy the season. Fall is a lovely time to sit by a fire, wear soft flannel, read good books, pick apples, and appreciate the colorful leaves. This apple cinnamon latte complements all those activities with warmth from coffee and spices, brightness from the apple and orange juice, and joy in the caramel spice rim. Speaking of the caramel spice rim, how often do you put a special garnish on the rim of your coffee cup? If you are like many people, probably not very often. But why not treat yourself or someone you love to an extra special treat?
CAN YOU MAKE AN APPLE CINNAMON LATTE DAIRY-FREE?
Many people need or prefer dairy-free options. Thankfully, this recipe is versatile. To make a dairy-free apple cinnamon latte, simply substitute your favorite dairy-free milk and opt for a vegan store-bought or homemade caramel.
WHAT DOES AN APPLE CINNAMON LATTE PAIR WELL WITH?
This apple cinnamon latte is delicious with our beloved French Roast coffee. The full-bodied, dark roast is made from beans grown in Central and South America and leaves a smoky finish. Available in whole beans, grounds, and OneCUP™ Pods, the French Roast coffee is ready to brew with your favorite method.
The apple cinnamon latte also pairs well with our Extra Dark Italian coffee. Designed for dark coffee lovers, the intense brew is full-bodied with a smoky finish. Like all of our coffees, it is available in a 2lb bag of whole beans, a 28 oz bag of grounds, and an 80-count box of OneCUP™ Pods.
To explore more recipes, visit our blog. To discover more delicious coffee, shop San Francisco Bay Coffee today!