Brewing The Perfect Cup of Coffee
Tips For Brewing The Best Tasting Coffee!
There are many methods and techniques for brewing a classic cup of coffee. Whether you use an automatic drip brewer, single-serve pod brewer, French press or pour over brewing system, the process doesn’t have to be complex. Coffee brewing is the practice of extracting the coffee’s flavor and aroma compounds, and achieving a sweet, balanced and delicious cup is the goal. Many factors can affect the coffee profile and how your drink ultimately tastes, but you will always brew the best tasting coffee if you use quality ingredients.
How To Make Cold Brew
A Great French Press
The Perfect Pour Over
When Using a Coffee Maker
1. Make sure that your coffee-making equipment (bean grinder, filter, coffee maker) is thoroughly rinsed or wiped down after each use. Leftover coffee grounds and oils can build up and result in unpleasant, bitter-tasting coffee.
2. Great coffee starts with great beans. The quality and flavor of your coffee depends upon the type of coffee you choose. Experiment with different varieties, roast types and regions of origin to find your favorites.
3. Purchase freshly roasted coffee when possible. Keep your coffee fresh after opening by using air-tight containers to preserve its flavor. Select 100% Arabica coffee beans for the best tasting coffee.
4. If you use whole bean coffee, grind the beans just before brewing for maximum freshness. The size of the grind can affect the taste of your coffee, so find the best grind size for your specific brewing method and taste preference.
5. Use fresh, cold water when brewing, and consider filtered or bottled water if your tap water is not good. Standard guidelines are to use 1-2 tablespoon of ground coffee per 8 ounces of water. However, you may choose to adjust this to suit your individual taste preference.
6. The longer the coffee grounds are in contact with the water, the more extraction will take place, increasing the coffee’s bitterness with time.
7. Brew according to the directions for your coffee maker and enjoy the delicious flavors and rich aroma in every sip!