Pomegranate and Coffee
Chocolate Chip Cookies
A new in-house favorite, these cookies have a burst of flavor that comes from whole pomegranate seeds mixed with chocolate chips and (of course) coffee. This creative combination comes from the kitchen of food scientist Katie Rosenberg.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fine ground coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
1. Cream the white and brown sugars together with the butter.
2. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
3. Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix into the creamed mixture.
4. Fold in the chocolate and pomegranate seeds.
5. Put the batter into the fridge for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
6. Roll the dough into small balls and flatten them out slightly on the top.
7. Put the cookies onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
8. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.