How to Make a Gingerbread Latte
This gingerbread latte recipe is so good, we made sure you’d have extra syrup to store in the fridge for later! We don't know what's better, the smell or the taste of this holiday favorite. We’ll let you be the judge.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/8 cup unsulfured molasses
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup milk for steaming
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, molasses and vanilla extract.
2. Bring to a low boil.
3. Stir occasionally while allowing syrup to simmer for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes, remove from heat and transfer syrup to a heat-safe container.
5. Store in refrigerator.
6. Shake well before each use to mix any settled spices at bottom of container.
7. Place 2 tablespoons of gingerbread syrup in cup.
8. Brew 2 shots of espresso and pour over syrup. We used our Fog Chaser.
9. Add steamed milk and garnish with whipped cream.