Coffee is more than a beverage; it’s a daily ritual, pick-me-up, and source of comfort. For enthusiasts who consider coffee an integral part of their day, running out of their favorite whole beans, grounds, or OneCUP™ coffee pods is best avoided. This is where coffee subscriptions come in.
Subscriptions are increasingly becoming the best way to keep your favorite products in stock while saving money along the way. These days, it is possible to subscribe to regular deliveries of everything, from toothpaste to toilet paper and beyond. Why not subscribe to ensure a continuous supply of your favorite daily caffeine kick? If you’re new to the world of product subscriptions or just looking for a way to improve your daily coffee routine, you’ve come to the right place.
Make a cup of coffee and cozy up as we explore the world of coffee subscriptions, explain how they work, and dive into whether they can be a cost-effective option for coffee lovers.
What is a coffee subscription?
A coffee subscription is an automated service that delivers coffee beans or ground coffee on a regular basis. The benefits of subscribing to a coffee service are numerous and include:
- Flexible and Reliable - A coffee subscription is as flexible as it is reliable. You can easily customize your orders based on a myriad of preferences, including the type of coffee, flavor, roast level, quantity, and timing. You can make your subscription as simple or complex as you’d like, from setting up a regular delivery of your staple beans to orchestrating your everyday supplyon one timeline and your special occasion beans on another. When it comes time to make adjustments, simply log on to your account and make modifications.
- Effortless - Nothing is worse than discovering an empty bag of coffee grounds early in the morning. Seeing as no one needs an unwelcome interruption to their daily ritual or an extra task to order coffee perpetually on the to-do list, coffee subscriptions can come in handy. Never forget to order more coffee again. Once you set up your subscription preferences, you never have to manually reorder again.
- Perfect Your Supply - It can be tempting to order in bulk to avoid running out of coffee, but doing so can lead to issues with the coffee going stale. Once you perfect the timing of your deliveries, you can have the right amount on hand at all times.
- Save Money - We will delve deeper into this later, but it’s worth noting that the subscription model delivers on more than just convenience. It also helps coffee lovers save money.
How does a coffee subscription work?
Now that we understand what it is and why it matters, let’s dive into how a coffee subscription works.
With San Francisco Bay Coffee, you can set up a coffee subscription with a few different methods.
- The first option is to navigate to the product page for your favorite coffee and select the “Subscribe to Save” option before adding the coffee to the cart. Once the product is in the cart, you can fine-tune the quantity of bags and the timing of the delivery.
- The second option is to place your favorite coffees into your cart as one-time purchases and assign the delivery settings for each product within the cart. You can even choose to have some products delivered more frequently than others.
- If you would like help with each step of the process, consider the third option - using our handy subscription-building tool. The tool begins with an invitation to choose the format for your coffee. Do you want whole beans, grounds, or OneCUP™ pods? You will then be directed to a comprehensive product page based on your choice, where you can filter to view options based on preferred roast level and style. Once you have selected your coffee, you are prompted to choose the number of bags and frequency of delivery. From there, all you need to do is check out and enjoy the convenience of automated deliveries.
Regardless of which method you choose to start your subscription, all subscribers have the same flexibility to modify their preferences, ensuring you receive exactly what you need when you need it, even if your preferences change over time. If you need to cancel for any reason, simply log into your account and cancel before the ship date.
Can a coffee subscription actually save you money?
As promised, we want to dive into the financial ramifications of coffee subscriptions. Here’s what you need to know.
Coffee subscriptions can help save money in a few ways.
First off, if you are currently buying coffee prepared out of the house, making the switch to brewing at home will cut costs substantially. Another way in which subscriptions save money is with a discount. Here at San Francisco Bay Coffee, we automatically apply a 10% discount to all subscription orders. Over time, this 10% discount adds up to substantial cost savings.
Another way in which coffee subscriptions save money is by cutting down on waste and reducing the need for more costly impulse buys. If you always have the right amount on hand, you’re less likely to have extra that gets stale or unexpectedly have to dash to get more at full retail price.
But wait, that’s not all. Consider the time spent on ordering coffee regularly, researching, placing orders, waiting for deliveries, or driving to a coffee shop to place an order and wait for your beverage to be made. A coffee subscription eliminates these time-consuming and repetitive processes. Once you set up your preferences, the coffee arrives automatically, freeing up your time for other activities. Since time is money, saving time helps cut costs.
How much do coffee subscriptions cost?
Due to the added value and convenience, it may seem like a subscription would cost more than making individual purchases. However, as we have demonstrated, that is not the case. When evaluating the cost of the coffee subscription, it is important to consider the following factors:
- The Price of the Coffee: The price of the coffee is the most significant factor in the cost of the subscription. We offer a variety of high-quality coffees at many different price points, so there is something for everyone.
- A 10% Discount: As mentioned earlier, subscribers benefit from a 10% discount on coffee orders before tax and shipping fees are applied.
- Shipping: For subscriptions over $30, shipping is free! Smaller orders are shipped at a flat rate of $6 via UPS Ground.
Are coffee subscriptions worth it?
This is a question that coffee enthusiasts may find themselves asking. Ultimately, it depends on your individual preferences and lifestyle. Here are some scenarios where a coffee subscription might be the perfect fit.
- You Know What You Like: If you know your preferred coffee type, flavor, and roast level, a subscription ensures a consistent supply of your favorite without the need for constant reordering.
- You are a Creature of Habit: For those who thrive on routine and consistency, a coffee subscription aligns seamlessly with your lifestyle. Automated deliveries ensure your supply is a dependable part of your routine.
- You Appreciate or Need Convenience: Whether convenience is a requirement or a bonus, a coffee subscription is designed to make your life easier.
One of the only circumstances in which a coffee subscription may not be right for a coffee lover is if they are committed to exclusively purchasing prepared beverages from coffee shops. If you’re loyal to your local shop and want to start a nice ritual, a subscription can help make that process easier.
If you’re someone who enjoys variety in your coffee experience, you may be tempted to shy away from a subscription, but it’s worth a second glance. Many coffee subscriptions are available for variety packs, allowing you to experience different flavors all in one purchase. Alternatively, you can make modifications to your subscription periodically, trying new blends or roasts. Additionally, you can set up your order with great precision - your favorite is delivered frequently, and your sidekick is delivered less frequently. All of this flexibility ensures you can find the right rhythm, whatever that may be.
Subscribe to Save with San Francisco Bay Coffee!
At San Francisco Bay Coffee, we are proud to offer everyone in our coffee family flexible subscription plans. Create your perfect delivery service with our exclusive blends and varieties.
When you enjoy our coffee, you are a part of our coffee family, and you can have the peace of mind that you are putting your coffee budget towards sustainable and socially conscious practices. From celebrating the stories of all our farmers to creating compostable pods and beyond, our mission is to ensure our coffee makes the world a better place.
To discover delicious coffee and reap the benefits of a coffee subscription, shop San Francisco Bay Coffee today!