Gingerbread and Coffee Biscotti
Food scientist Katie Rosenburg combined the flavors of gingerbread, coffee and chocolate to create these delicious biscotti. They are double baked to allow for maximum dunkability in your favorite coffee! She created them to go with her gingerbread latte, but we think they stand on their own.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons fine coffee grounds
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon strong coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In separate bowls, combine all wet and dry ingredients together.
2. Slowly add the liquids to the flour mixture.
3. Blend until you have formed a wet dough (it will be sticky).
4. Remove dough from bowl and put on a cookie sheet.
5. Lightly flour your hands and shape the dough into a log.
6. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes of cooling, move the log onto a cutting board and cut diagonally in 3/4-inch increments.
8. Put your slices, cut side down, back on the parchment paper.
9. Bake again at 375°F for 8 minutes.
10. Melt dark chocolate and dip the biscotti on one side into the chocolate.