Coffee Sugar Cookies
A great gift from the kitchen, this dough may be prepared up to a week ahead and baked just before gifting!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: Several hours
Cook time: 10 to 12 minutes
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons very finely ground San Francisco Bay Coffee French Roast, French Vanilla or Hazelnut Creme (espresso grind)
- 1 cup butter, softened
1. Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds. Microwave for 10 to 15 seconds more or until chocolate is almost fully melted; stir until melted. Let cool slightly.
2. Stir together flour, powdered sugar and coffee in a large bowl.
3. Add chocolate and butter and mix well (using your hands works best).
4. When a smooth dough forms, divide into two pieces. Shape each into a 1 1/2-inch in diameter log and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill for several hours or until firm. (May be prepared up to 1 week ahead and stored tightly covered in the refrigerator.)
5. Preheat oven to 350°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Cut cookie dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices and place on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until firm to the touch. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Dough may be easier to slice if left at room temperature for 15 minutes after refrigerating.