Candied Pecan Almond Cookie
Katie created this recipe for those of you looking for a gluten-free cookie! Topped with candied French Roast coffee beans and pecans, these cookies are as unique as they are tasty.
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 3 teaspoons finely ground coffee (French Roast)
TOPPING INGREDIENTS (Candied Pecans & Coffee Beans)
- 1 tablespoon brewed coffee (French Roast)
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup coffee beans (French Roast)
1: With a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the softened butter with the cane sugar.
2: Add egg and mix until it is fully incorporated.
3: Blend in maple syrup, salt and ground coffee.
4: Add the almond flour 1/2 cup at a time and mix well before adding additional almond flour.
5: Place batter in the refrigerator and let rest for 30 minutes.
6: Place a sheet of parchment paper or baking mat on top of a baking pan.
7: Use a tablespoon to measure out the batter, form into a ball and press down on the top slightly (batter will be soft).
8: Sprinkle candied pecans/coffee mixture on top of cookies.
9: Bake for 16 minutes at 350°F.